Gulf Shores Youth Ministry
About Gulf Shores Youth Ministry
The programs you will find as a part of the Gulf Shores Youth Ministry are all designed to work together to point young people to Christ. They are implemented with the idea of fulfilling one or more of the following criteria:
- Reach - Sharing the "Good News" of Jesus with those who don't know Him.
- Connect - Opportunities for our group and our visitors to spend time getting to know each other.
- Grow - Spiritual growth is an essential part of living for Jesus.
- Discover - Finding out how God can use you.
- Honor - Giving God the honor and praise He is due.
Above all else, we want to provide an atmosphere that enables the youth of Gulf Shores to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their life.
Here's What's Going on at G.S.Y.M.
We are focused on building a strong youth ministry here at Gulf Shores, and here are just a few of the programs we offer the young people.
- Youth Rallies & Retreats - Sometimes you just need to get away. Youth rallies and retreats provide us with that time to go off and get something from God's word and God's people that can help us be a closer and stronger ministry.
- Devotionals - Today's teens have more demands and pressures on them than ever before. Our youth ministry is dedicated to providing opportunities through devotionals for the whole group as well as specialized devotionals for our girls and guys, where they can discuss and find answers to everyday issues, or just recharge their batteries.
- Bible Classes - Sunday morning and Wednesday nights we have classes for all ages. These classes are designed to teach, instruct, and help our young people to grow in their knowledge of God's word through textual and topical studies.
Activities and Events
Here are just some of the activities and events the youth are involved in each year.
- Area Wide Monthly Devotionals
- S.N.A.C. (Sunday Night After Church) Monthly Devotional
- TWEENS 4 CHRIST (Monthly Pre-teen Event)
- VBS (Vacation Bible School)
Interested in learning more?
Bible Classes - 9:00am
Morning Worship - 10:00am
Evening Worship - 6:00pm
Worship - 7:00
Bible Classes - 7:15
Youth & Family Minister
Jon is a native to the Gulf Coast area and has over 20 years experience in full-time Ministry. He is a graduate of Baker High School & received his Bachelors degree in Communications from the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. and has a Masters degree in Organizational Development from Abilene Christian University in Abilene, TX. Jon has worked with congregations and young people in Alabama, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Africa, and South America. Jon is married to his wife Rachel for over 19 years, and has two beautiful daughters. He started working with the Gulf Shores Church of Christ in August of 2012.
"I'am excited to be working with the Gulf Shores Church of Christ and to be back in the Gulf Coast Area!"